|Bert Van Vliet,
|Network & Technical Support Specialist,
Microsoft Windows-based Environments
||350 Kerr Street, #314
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
- Ten years of experience in technical support of networked Windows-based
client-server environments operating on Intel-based hardware platforms.
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer.
- Proven experience in Windows-based system administration. (NT, 2000, XP)
- Excellent technical knowledge and trouble-shooting expertise.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Quick and enthusiastic learner.
- Provided telephone support to clients and associates regarding network connectivity problems,
operating system faults, network printing difficulties, and application issues in a
- Provided technical support and troubleshooting expertise for corporate voice-mail and telephone systems.
- Installed and configured Windows-based server and client software on Intel-based server
hardware platforms in multiple operating system environments. (NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP/2003)
- Installed and provided support for Microsoft Exchange Server and Microsoft SQL Server
as well as customized third-party applications.
- Provided network connectivity trouble-shooting expertise for LAN, WAN, and dial-in
environments, dealing with switch, router, and TCP/IP issues.
- Installation and configuration of web-servers using Microsoft's Internet Information
- Ensured operating system and application software was maintained at a consistent
revision level across several network operations centers, developing and implementing
plans for upgrades to correct any deficiencies.
- Responsible for creation of user logon accounts and configuration of access rights in
both Windows (NT/2000) and Novell Netware-based environments.
- Created and implemented guidelines for user access rights and file security
- Reviewed and revised backup procedures to ensure maximum recoverability in the event
of a server failure.
- Monitored server and network performance to detect system bottlenecks, providing
recommendations to alleviate any detected problems.
- Planned and implemented company-wide deployments of new hardware and software.
|Feb. 2002 - Present
||Information Technology Associate
|Feb. 2000 - Nov. 2000
||Quartet Service Corporation,
|Nov. 1997 - Feb. 2000
|CGI Group Inc.,
- Trios Training Centres, Microsoft Professional Certification.
- University of Waterloo, Bachelor of Applied Science, Engineering.
ACTIVITIES AND INTERESTS:
- Successfully passed Level 4 of the Japanese Language Proficiency Exam.
- Instructor and Practitioner of Wado Ryu-style karate.
- Digital Imaging - Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Amateur author. (Science fiction & Fantasy)
[Select this link to return
to the previous page]